User Interface Designer (full-time staff, based in NY/NJ area)
Our client, a consumer electronics brand, is adding to staff a UI Designer- remote to start, but ultimately fully or partially onsite in Bergen County, NJ. This role will be responsible to help create a scalable Design System. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers, UX designers and copywriters. You will make design decisions that scale across multiple web experiences. Work closely with UX designers to translate any given user-experience journey into an intuitive consumer-centric interaction.
- Help define and create a scalable design system
- Research and provide recommendations on best practices, UI patterns and trends
- Work within brand and style guidelines with a desire to push iterate standards to the next level
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to build landing pages, functionality and e-commerce experiences
- Optimize workflow efficiencies with the development team
- Exceptional production skills with an intuitive sense of layout and design
- Be a team player, experienced in working with agile teams
- Work collaboratively with UX designers to create prototypes
- Take a user-centered design approach to design solutions
- Present and defend your design decisions;all your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- 5 or more years of experience and proven track record
- Portfolio with UI and Interaction design examples to be presented during interview
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience designing user interfaces for responsive websites with a mobile first approach
- Intermediate to expert-level Sketch skills
- Rapid Prototyping using Axure, Figma, Principle etc.
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED, BUT THIS ROLE WOULD BEGIN AS REMOTE
TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: