The Senior Writer is responsible for working across Marketing and Communications teams and with business partners to ensure integrated and strategic copywriting for a variety of key public relations functions including the creation of media briefs, news releases, statements, talking points, speeches, social media posts and other messaging. Must be able to bring to life strategic initiatives and business priorities in an accurate, authentic, relatable and inspiring way to enhance the St. Jude brand. He or she serves as an individual contributor reporting to the Public Relations Manager.
- Requires knowledge ordinarily acquired through a Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of writing experience in corporate communications, journalism, public relations or marketing/advertising.
- Experience writing for senior executives or other business leaders. Requires a quick study – able to learn and channel a leader’s ‘voice’ and adapt to changing nature of the business.
- Ability to understand business priorities to craft compelling stories that advance the organization’s strategic goals. Understanding the industry and business is a must along with having an insatiable appetite for seeking out new information and angles to evolve messaging. Able to write for diverse audiences in ways that are authentic, relatable, engaging and inspiring.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others to gain consensus on messaging and keep leaders informed about key issues that may influence changes to copy.
- Wiling to prepare a variety of messages as compelling options for review.
- Orientation to detail, deadlines, process and project management.
- Ability to provide calm leadership and counsel in a clear and understandable manner while maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality and care.
- Thorough knowledge of English spelling, grammar and usage; and an oral fluency in English.
- Able to understand complex verbal or written instructions.
- Excellent typing skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE