We are looking to add a new role to our growing team join at the VAB to help maintain and drive visibility of VAB’s members and brand, and our work within the marketing and advertising industry.
What is VAB?
We believe in inspiring marketers to think differently.
At our core, we are an insights-driven organization whose mission it is to help marketers make smarter, more educated media strategy decisions. How do we do it? By writing and marketing insights content on a variety of topics marketers care about such as cross-platform measurement, video consumption behaviors, demographic trends, attribution, TV buying innovation, multicultural marketing, video streaming and device usage. We also develop & speak on panels, write op-eds, produce events and host webinars. Why do we do it? We want to help advertisers solve their business challenges and drive overall brand growth.
We are a small and nimble organization of curious, friendly, ambitious and passionate employees. We are analysts, strategists, avid cyclists, marketers, world-travelers, researchers, TV lovers and corn hole champions. The VAB is supported by our Board of Directors as well as our members such as NBCUniversal, Paramount, ABC Disney, Spectrum, Univision, Cadent, Amobee, iSpot & Warner Bros. Discovery to just name a few.
Learn more about VAB here.
Get to know our co-workers here.
We’ve been in the news. Read about that here.
Looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a trusted environment and truly make an impact?
This is an exciting role at the VAB that will allow you to showcase and hone your business development, member relations, and marketing skills. This role supports sales efforts through new business fact-finding and research, tasks such as developing sales materials as well as building partnership wrap-ups. These responsibilities coincide with the support of partner marketing efforts including email marketing, social campaigns, event execution and promotion, and analysis projects.
We need a bright-minded team player and skilled communicator who is process-driven with strong organizational skills, attention to detail (very important!) and sense of accountability. The responsibilities of this position will be approximately 60% VAB member relations and 40% marketing and it reports into the VP Business Development and the Activations Marketing Manager.
• Bring our exciting events to life. You’ll play an important role in our industry-loved VAB programs (events, theme weeks, webinars, and other activations).
- You’ll help our new business team by developing clear and compelling sponsorship materials (one-sheets) outlining partnership opportunities.
- You’ll work with marketing to help execute and promote these programs (email marketing, social media, webinar development/editing).
- You’ll develop wrap-up summaries (graphics, post-metrics) to share with our sponsors & partners.
• Calling all detectives! You’ll help identify potential VAB members through research (reading the trades, social media, etc) and other company fact-finding.
• Welcome new members to the VAB community. You’ll set up new members within the VAB ecosystem by listing them on the website, setting up for billing and invoicing.
• Our members get many benefits. You’ll maintain our benefits database to help our team ensure they are delivered on.
• Track our success. We strive to continually improve, and so we take the time to evaluate our programs, campaigns and activations. Put your analytic skills to work by evaluating our paid media partnerships, social media campaigns, email marketing, webinar metrics and more. You’ll help shape how we go to market in the future.
• We redesigned our website! You’ll be responsible for helping to keep the website updated and fresh through back-end CMS logistics, building landing pages for our activations, and maintaining & organizing website content weekly.
• VAB leaders are among the most influential in our industry. You’ll help promote our speaking appearances, sponsored conferences, or other activations on our website, through email marketing and social media.
• Get your creative juices flowing. You’ll help design marketing materials such as emails, social media graphics for VAB activities and partnerships.
· 1-3 years minimum of professional experience within the marketing/advertising industry, preferably video advertising.
· Experience in either marketing or ad sales/member support/client success.
· Must have a self-starter mentality, possess time-management skills for juggling numerous time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
· Must have graphic design experience- knowledge of Illustrator & PowerPoint is a must (and Photoshop and Canva a plus!)
· Basic Knowledge of website management systems/CMS, very basic HTML a plus
· Must be process-driven, collaborative with unwavering organizational skills, pay meticulous attention to details along with a strong sense of accountability.
· Creative writing skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· We care about your work / life balance: Summer Fridays, flexible WFH schedule
· We care about your health & wellness: Gym reimbursement (we pay you to work out!) plus mental health days
· We care about your career path: Direct exposure to senior leaders means you’ll have mentors that can support, train and guide you. We promote from within – check out these 3 employees who started their careers at VAB and have advanced.
· We care about collaboration: Be a part of the VAB Young Leaders Committee to get to know and learn from your peers.
· We care about empowering you: As a small organization, all ideas are welcome and we are nimbly able to implement.
· We care about investing in you: Great health benefits and matched 401k
· We care about Inclusivity: We walk the talk. We embrace diversity and work hard to foster an inclusive environment. Check out our recently produced Diversity Summit, bringing together 30 DEI leaders to inspire fresh thinking and ignite actual change in the workplace, in our lives and communities.
· We win awards: 3 of our female senior leaders won industry awards just in the last year along with an industry award for our work!
Work for a team that genuinely cares for one another.
We are looking forward to speaking with those that are willing to work hard, eager to apply their knowledge, as well as learn new skills. If this role describes you and you want to work with us, please apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position [email@example.com]. Please put the title of the position with your name in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!