AIMM ANNOUNCES INAUGURAL TRAILBLAZER AWARD WINNERS TO HIGHLIGHT INCLUSION DURING A TIME WHERE EXCLUSION IS TOO OFTEN DISCUSSED
New Award Recognizes Industry Leaders Who Have Made Significant Contributions in Advancing Inclusive and Multicultural Marketing
LOS ANGELES – AUG. 15, 2023 – ANA’s Alliance for Inclusive and Multicultural Marketing (AIMM) announced the first-ever recipients of the AIMM Trailblazer Award, honoring exceptional individuals who have fearlessly pushed boundaries and revolutionized the world of marketing. The inaugural class of inductees includes:
● Raul Alarcon, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Spanish Broadcasting System;
● Louis Carr, President of Media Sales at BET;
● Daisy Expósito-Ulla, Chairman and CEO of d expósito & Partners;
● Antonio Lucio; Principal and Founder of 5S Diversity and former Global CMO at Meta, HP, Visa and PepsiCo;
● Renetta McCann, Chief Inclusion Experience Officer of Publicis Group;
● Aaron Walton, CEO of Walton Isaacson.
The AIMM Trailblazer Award recognizes AIMM members who have had exceptionally distinguished and extraordinary careers, have made outstanding and notable contributions to the profession of advertising and its reputation, have consistently practiced the highest ethical standards, and have contributed substantially to their communities.
“The first class of AIMM Trailblazers include six exceptional individuals whose groundbreaking strategies and visionary ideas have left an indelible mark on the marketing industry,” said Bob Liodice, CEO of the ANA and Co-Chair of the AIMM Board of Advisors. “These Trailblazers embody AIMM’s core mission of advancing inclusive and multicultural marketing to achieve business growth and equity for all.”
The Trailblazer Award recognizes industry leaders who have made considerable contributions in eight key areas:
● Demonstrated Innovation: Exhibited a pioneering spirit by introducing groundbreaking concepts, strategies, or technologies that have significantly influenced the marketing industry.
● Thought Leadership: Demonstrated exceptional thought leadership throughout their career, consistently sharing valuable insights, trends, and knowledge that have shaped the marketing landscape.
● Industry Influence: Had a significant influence on the marketing industry, fostering positive change and progress.
● Mentorship and Collaboration: Actively mentored and nurtured emerging talent in the marketing field, fostering a culture of learning, growth, and collaboration.
● Social Impact: Leveraged their marketing expertise to drive positive social impact, making a difference beyond commercial success.
● Track Record of Success: Possess a track record of outstanding achievements and successful campaigns, demonstrating exceptional results in their marketing endeavors.
● Industry Recognition: Received widespread recognition and accolades within the marketing industry, as well as from their peers and industry experts.
● Continued Relevance: Exhibit continued relevance and adaptability in an ever-evolving marketing landscape.
“Our inaugural class of Trailblazers inspire us all in the ways they embrace and help cultivate the benefits and beauty of living in a country full of diverse voices, especially through their commitments to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging,” said Gilbert Dávila, AIMM Co-Founder and Co-CEO of DMI-Consulting. “We are proud to honor their contributions and leadership in advancing multicultural and inclusive marketing in our industry – especially at a time when our country has become so divisive. The inspiration of leaders, whose vision of inclusion is one that can bring us together, is more needed than ever.”
About the Alliance for Inclusive and Multicultural Marketing (AIMM)
Founded in 2016, ANA's Alliance for Inclusive and Multicultural Marketing (AIMM) is the leading voice in multicultural and inclusive marketing and DEIB, powered by a collective of 200+ industry leaders from across the ecosystem, advancing actionable change to drive business growth and equity for all in today's diverse marketplace. For more information, visit: www.anaaimm.net.
To stay up to date with the latest multicultural marketing webinars, research, ebooks and news, send us an email here:Email us